Age of AI





I think the Age of AI video really brought things to perspective when it comes to automation and privacy in our society. I thought it was very nice for that group to try to help families in need and make sure they have food for the holidays. What really hit me was that losing your job to automation or offshoring can affect your health. Like the video said they are at higher risk for cardiovascular disease, depression, suicide. Furthermore their children have lower education attainment. I mean yes I like to online shop and automation has been making things more efficient but at what cost? Society is declining and people are suffering all for some online grocery shopping?


Also when it comes to privacy I think that it has gone way too far. Everything is being tracked and people aren't really thinking about how it affects them. People in China don't even have to use physical cards to pay for things anymore. I didn't even realize the impact of the I Voted button on facebook and how it encouraged so many people to get up and vote. However I think for the government to track everything we do they most definitely like to say they never saw the signs when someone isn’t doing well. The government values security and will violate our privacy to achieve that but can’t give law enforcement QPR training? Overall I just think our society is going to shit (excuse my French) because the government is becoming obsessed with being better than other countries. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

EOTO Presentation Reflection

Anti-War Blog Post