EOTO Presentation Reflection

 What I learned about Blogging and Instagram: 





One of the things I found very interesting about the Instagram presentation was that the creator of facebook tried to get Kevin Systrom to drop out of school and work for facebook because he saw the potential and talent he had. Another thing I thought was funny was the name he chose for instagram. Before it got the infamous name we all know and love he named it Burbn after his favorite alcohol. Lastly I remember when instagram first came out and I was obsessed with the filters. Even though some of them didn’t compliment my pictures well I thought it was cool messing around with the effects. 




Another thing I learned was that twitter created micro blogging. Now when I did my project on Twitter I didn’t realize that aspect of it because I was proving that the main purpose was to tell people your status. But when one of my classmates connected the two when they were talking about the history of blogging I really began to see the connection. Because yes we share almost every aspect of our lives in order to gain popularity, relate to others, or just to feel heard and that’s just a fraction of the things you will find on Twitter. Also blogging has really evolved. Now people are doing things called vlogs. Vlogs are simply just a blog in the form of a video. People like David Dobrik and Logan Paul got really popular on youtube from it. I remember wanting to do something like that when I was younger but I knew that I couldn’t keep up with a regular blog so pumping out consistent content would be hard.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age of AI

Anti-War Blog Post