Diffusion of Innovations


I think the diffusion of innovations theory is an amazing way to explain why things got popular. I think Twitter became popular because it gave a new meaning to blogging. As stated in my EOTO project Twitter’s main purpose was to give people a way to update their status. The first adapters were the Odeo employees whose SMS bills were skyrocketing due them being obsessed with the app. I think since the app has a character limit it makes people think about what they want to say. I know I've been frustrated sometimes because I’m going on a rant on Twitter and I run out of characters. But now there are things called Threads! So now it's okay to compile a rant or a bunch of tweets under one post. 


I honestly think people go through all this trouble because they want to feel heard. They want to relate to people and some people just like the attention. It’s why there is so much fake news and misinformation being spread. Which also leads to why some people just refuse to get Twitter. They don’t want to follow all the crazy news that's going on because people can be very gullible and don’t want to research if something is true or not. I also think as society was becoming more modernized new technological issues like lack of privacy (doxxing) and such the internet was deemed unsafe. I know as a child I was not able to have social media for a while. It was new to my parents and they were worried that I would meet bad people online.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age of AI

Speech Theories Blog Post

EOTO Presentation Reflection