Online Privacy



One of the things I found bizarre from the TED talks was the camera that captures your license plate numbers. Because I only thought of it as a system that is only used when you do something wrong like running a red light. I thought that’s when the picture was taken and they mailed you the ticket once they found out who you are. I think having that type of surveillance all the time is truly overstepping and is a prime example of a good application of technology being abused to watch people’s every move.

I also thought it was very weird with the toy/gadgets listening in while you are relaxing at home. I remember talking about this a couple years ago when Alexa got popular for this “Hide and Seek” feature. This makes me feel very uneasy especially since other people were hacking into these devices and using it to lure children outside. Luckily with VPNs we can protect ourselves when it comes to online safety.

I can honestly say that my problem is not looking at all the terms and conditions before signing something. I really should though because I am sure when apps first came out I carelessly hit accept and possibly agreed to having my information sold. Lastly, technology has its wonderful pros and cons but it can get scary.

Doxxing is a serious thing and it's really easy. It’s even become a trend online where you can go on chat rooms and people will “scare” you by showing your IP address and your personal information.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Age of AI

Speech Theories Blog Post

EOTO Presentation Reflection